Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Betting Psychology

One of my friends is not very happy today. He was feeling sad and dejected as his self confidence has taken a blow. I was trying very hard to cheer him up. Do whatever is in my power to boost his ego and somehow make him feel better.

He is so adorable. To see any of my friends sad makes me unhappy. And I plainly do whatever it is in my power to make them feel good again even if I have to put up with minor inconveniences. But I just can’t leave them like that. I know many of you do that do. We all do love our friends so much, don’t we?

We had made up a plan to meet up tomorrow. And there he went saying that he didn’t want to come, as he wasn’t in the mood. That he wasn’t worthy of my time and other weird sentimental dialogues that we never know we are capable of giving until we actually do, under sad hormones that are then coursing through our blood and brains.

So, I kept trying to make him see sense. Being very positive, reminding him that he is one of the best friends in my life. That he is most awesome, handsome, boy etc etc. but to no avail. I mean I should have recorded the amount of positive things I said and with that much feeling; later on when I will be going through my weird mood swings then if I played back half the stuff…. I would be feeling great. But still, nothing moved the drama queen, who was the woebegone-est price ever.

So I got tired and pissed and told him if he wants to come he can. If he doesn’t then fine. But I had enough of his self depreciation. And I hung up.

After some time he calls me up again, and in a small voice says sorry. He understands that he was being a jerk. Then again I believe he was thrown off by my hanging up on him. He had probably expected me not to shout on him either as he was sad. So, he probably did an unconscious double take and became sensible again…: p hehehe!

Then, he goes in a small voice that “Am I still invited?” I say, “Of course, you are! But I know you are not going to come!”

That did it. He rose to the bait. We decided to bet. I treat him if he comes and tactfully I wasn’t too interested in “if I won the bet” part. Never the less, subtle hints that I might win have spurred him on… I hope reverse psychology works! And I think it would. :D

1 comment:

  1. It worked! He came. it was so nice. i spent my day with two of my very goof friends in my huge circle of awesum friends.

    had the most relaxing and full filling day ever.

    ReplyDelete