Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MY OWN

Its one of those days
When I think about the days gone by.
Its one of those days
When the wind rides by
The heather grass bears my heart
And perhaps I am lost.

Yes, I remain entangled in the mesh
Of nostalgia, discovery and loss.
As I live today and yesterday
And sun rises twice over
Just for me and only me.
And I go on thinking that I posses the earth
And only I matter.

All those who leave me
Perhaps didn’t exist. And the tears and promises
Were the part of my universe creating imagination
As nothing sad could be my fate, the master
The master, if only of my world.

And may I say that I am happy?

I fly every day
And from high above I tell the philistines
That the thorns are just animals in hibernation
That I will live like life soon.
And perhaps the tanks and missiles in my world
Are spires of a fictitious castle?
And all disillusionment is not real
And I can live in an illusion
In my own world.

Until the day
My heart grows so heavy
That imagination of an otherwise perfect world breaks
And perhaps that day won’t be far
When the sun won’t rise at all
And devoid of colors I can’t paint
The illusion would fade
And thorns would be thorns
My world just mine
With me alone.
Would I be happy then?

No comments:

Post a Comment