Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Leaf in spring

Spring always does come

Doesn’t it?

The trees are covered and green

The soil is fresh with new growth

All that was dead has passed away

And lies no more on the ground

To trod on and forget…

But irony of ironies

Is that leaf which was dead

Maybe found not its last journey

And is now one with the soil

With love they put forward new shoots

Which I know, we shall remember

Adding to our lives silently.

I oft do wonder, if the leaf parted from its tree

Did it hurt to forget years or maybe days together,

Or was it a sweet end?

Did you get closure ?

Or leaf, did you look for permission to set forth again…?

Tell me what should I look for now.

May be you know, I am reading it all wrong

For in my doubt, the truth still I know not.

Maybe its your brothers leaf, you would miss

When you finally do yield to your love for soil.

And it’s a new world and a happy one

Cause you do meet them again

And all your friends,

Someday on the ground again

Amongst the things that grow.

Spring to us so merry

Festive and bright

Makes me almost forget the wind

That blows on the old tree.

I am restless. If yet spring hasn’t come

Don’t make them memories be shaken…

But spring does come

Always… Doesn’t it?

The branches dance on the rising wind

The old bark can creak

But they all laugh and cry

As the time flies by, root to leaf…

Maybe its not about the time

Maybe the anger wasn’t at the wind

And the branches weren’t jealous of the soil.

I don’t understand all of it yet.

What does the leaf, of the spring try to achieve?

What does the flirtatious wind want?

Or the tree desire.

I am too young still maybe to decipher

And would be young in this sense forever perhaps.

Young shoots still would grow

With hope of some light and rain and love,

And amidst all this

Only this I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment